Ria Food Tour
Visit the historic fishing village of Olhão, sample the taste of the traditional coastal delicacies, and find the best way to immerse yourself in the fish culture of the Algarve.
Learn about the history of Olhão, how its people fought to turn it from a village into a town, and how the seamen´s hard work transformed Olhão into a major economic, social and urban center.
Let yourself be guided through the exciting fish and fruit markets, meet and talk with local charismatic vendors, and sample the seasonal products.
Come and taste some of the best, fresh, authentic and innovative products from our Mediterranean diet in typical "tascas" and restaurants.
You will be walking through unbelievably narrow alleys, quaint little squares full of stories to unravel, and falling in love with the iconic whitewashed traditional houses.
Sense the daily life of Olhão, one of the most genuine towns in the whole of Portugal.
We also offer the best activity combining land and sea! A boat tour option can be included in the Ria Food Tour in Olhão. A journey through Ria Formosa Nature Park´s channels, wildlife, and its most picture perfect island: Culatra.
Please contact us for more info.
- Use all of your senses to discover the picturesque fish and fruit markets
- Fall in love with the legends of the Olhão
- Unveil a cannery with more than a century of existence
- Discover Bioco, a traditional female garment
- Understand the unique architecture of this cubist fishing village
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Bring your appetite, curiosity and good mood
- Your camera to record and share the good moments