Fisherman Food Tour
“So many fish as ever seen” is part of a legend known in Faro, but it might as well have been written for this gastronomic experience!
From Faro's market, where you will see an abundance of sardines, mackerel, tuna, octopus and much more, freshly caught from the sea, to the seafood traditional Açorda, a local seafood delicacy you cannot miss out on, the Fisherman Food Tour is certainly a culinary experience fit for fish lovers!
Explore Faro off the beaten tracks with those who know it as well as the palm of their hands. Discover the restaurants and taverns where locals usually go to eat and experience the best Algarvian dishes. Make sure you taste the well-known Dona Xica's "bifana", that has been feeding the fishermen for more than 20 years.
It's not all about food, we will also show you the highlights of Faro's architecture and tell you their history.
Come and experience a tour filled with food and good memories!
- Fall in love with the local people and their habits
- Learn the history and legends of the Algarve
- Taste the typical Algarvian fish dishes
- Discover Faro Market
- Enter inside a City Wall
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Bring your appetite, curiosity and good mood
- Your camera to record and share the good moments