Discoveries Food Tour
Celebrate and live one of the most epic moments of the Portuguese history, the Maritime Discoveries of the 15th and 16th centuries.
Go on board of a replica of the charismatic Portuguese Caravel, and travel back in time. Learn nautical knots with a master and create and recreate your ones.
From the fort to the walls of a major economic, social and urban center, discover the city where all the adventures started.
Let yourself be guided through an exciting experience across the oceans routes from where the brave portuguese explorers brought many exoctic fruits, vegetables and spices, techniques, rituals, architecture elements and others that nowadays are part of the Portuguese identity.
Sample the taste of the Algarve food specialities from the coastal delicacies to the inland precious flavours. Not forgetting the sweetness of the famous pastries made by nuns in one of Lagos convents.
And indulge yourself with the gods nectar, the Algarve wine and craft beer.
- Discover the real navigator inside you, learning, drawing and creating sailor knots
- Delight yourself with regional food, wine and craft beer
- Fall in love with the history and architecture of one of the most rich cities of the kingdom in the 15th centuty
- Unveil techniques and ingredients that were introduced to the Portuguese culture with the Discoveries
- Get to know the brave man behind the Portuguese Maritime Discoveries
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Bring your appetite, curiosity and good mood
- Your camera to record and share the good moments