Arade food tour
According to an ancient legend, the Algarve, once known the almond kingdom, became the orange kingdom, after a Nordic princess married a Moorish king. The Arade food tour will help unveil this and other legends of the former capital of the Algarve.
Discover the river that has fed both the land and its people throughout the ages. Taste the famous Algarvian oranges and the legendary almond flavours in many different ways.
Explore the traditions, architecture, and inventions of the Arab civilization that lasted until the present day.
Enjoy the panoramic view of the city and the river from the red castle. Taste the best ingredients and dishes from our renowned ancient diet and fill yourself with good memories from the Arade food tour.
Come join us in this culinary experience!
- Taste a traditional Algarvian cataplana
- Enter in a unique 13th century, 18metre deep well
- Discover the red stone that lends its colour to this ancient town
- Fall in love with the Algarve wines & unique spirits
- Enter in an extraordinary and unique Portuguese castle
Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
Bring your appetite, curiosity and good mood
Your camera to record and share the good moments