Producer Tours: Oysters of Moinho Farm Tour
Visit a 26-hectare beautiful and organic private property in the heart of Ria Formosa Natural Park and taste the best oysters in Algarve.
Ria Formosa (Tavira)
Moinho dos Ilhéus belongs to the same family since 1937. During this century became home to one of the best oyster productions in Europe. Its privileged geography, human pressure-free, exclusive natural tidal and light cycles, and the passion of mother and daughter make this property a best-kept secret.
This delightful experience starts with you being guided through the property full of history where there is still an old watermill. Then, we will learn the life cycle of the oysters, meet and watch the workers hand calibrating, selecting and cleaning daily the pearls of Moinho. In the end, we will enjoy from sea-to-table the premium oysters paired with two carefully selected wines from the Algarve region.
"Top oyster in all aspects: excellent texture and balanced." Domaine de Chateauvieux, Switzerland - 2 Michelin Stars.
Important: Minimum 6 people. Available from Monday to Friday.
- Visit an unspoilt ecosystem in the natural park of Ria Formosa
- Learn about the life cycle of the mill oysters
- Taste premium and unique oysters
- Enjoy 2 wine tastings from certified Algarvian wines
- Wear comfortable clothing, and hiking boots are preferred
- Bring your appetite, curiosity and good mood
- Your camera to record and share the good moments